cinemATL Magazine is a bi-monthly online publication dedicated to shining a light on the Atlanta film scene, supporting its filmmakers and creating an outlet for the Atlanta and southeastern film community to get some exposure. We pride ourselves as the number one independently published magazine for the film industry in Atlanta.
cinemATL is a reflection of Atlanta's cinema and the regional southeast — its filmmakers, its actors, its production companies and its different film events. We are proud to profile some of the talented and creative filmmakers, actors and industry professionals, and give an insight on the sets of local and regional productions.
Your guide to film in Atlanta and the south
"As the major studios suffer through the summer box-office doldrums, it's time of uncertainty — and great promise for the independents."
— Anne Thompson, Hollywood reporter Vol CCCXC, No.15
Atlanta is the fastest growing city in the southeast. As the state grows in population and in infrastructures so will the arts and entertainment scene. cinemATL covers the talent pool in the Atlanta film scene, devoting space to independent filmmakers, actors, and industry professionals alongside more established ones to help Atlanta grow as a film community.
Let us know about your film
If you don't let us know about your production, we can't write about it! If you are in pre-production or shooting a film, send us an e-mail at email@example.com. Our goal is to get you some press.
As well, we want to review local films. You don't have to be in a festival
or on the blockbuster shelves, but we'd like to help get you there. A
review can be a powerful tool to add to your press kit. Contact us at
firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll tell
you how to send us a DVD or VHS copy.
Our production listings are coming soon, as well. We're working on a new database for you to view listings and submit your own. In the meantime, you can fill out the form here, and we'll add your information when our production listing service launches.
Become a writer for cinemATL.com
We welcome writers who have ideas that are informative and/or entertaining, but most importantly compelling in their content and helpful to cinemATL.com and its readers. If you are interested in writing for us, contact us at email@example.com with your story idea first. Please do not submit entire stories without inquiring first!
SUBMISSION RULES AND GUIDELINES
When submitting your article or idea, we appreciate that you follow certain guidelines and understand certain rules that we've set for ourselves:
- KNOW THE MAGAZINE. Read the magazine at cinemATL.com and understand what we are looking for before submitting.
- Your idea and/or article should be original and should not have been submitted to another publication.
- Using our name for access to cover a story should be done accordingly by contacting our staff directly for authorization. We'll then assist you in obtaining interviews, attending events, etc... as needed.
- Your submissions may be edited without consent and published at anytime.
- cinemATL.com retains the right to also publish everything on the website and other sites that use our content.
- Payment: cinemATL.com is a free online publication, thus cannot, at this time, offer monetary compensation to its writers. We hope to begin paying writers in the near future. However, writing for the magazine is a great way for you to expose your work.
1127 Dove Valley Rd.
Decatur, GA 30032
Eric Bomba-Ire, Founder
Martin Kelley, Editor-In-Chief
Shun Jester, Managing Director
Michael D Friedman, Online Producer/Reviews Editor
Harmony Brooke, Events Coordinator
Bernard Miller, Editor
Sekou Smith, Editor
Steve Warren, Film Reviewer
Charles Judson, Film Reviewer
Lisa Ward, Writer
Dave R. Watkins, Writer
Stephen Hart, Writer
Nathan Flood, Writer
Primal Pi, Cover Photography
Morrell Gray, Photographer
Dan Slemons, Photographer
Jason James, Photographer
Jason Amerson, Assistant Web Producer